[c-nsp] Dumb question of the day (on vlans)

Security Admin (NetSec) secadmin at netsecdesign.com
Sat Jul 25 14:20:54 EDT 2009

If this is the wrong question for this newsgroup my apologies

Been having trouble setting up vlans on a Cisco 2950 switch.  I add one using the typical method via CLI:

Int vlan x
Ip address 192.xxx.yyy.zzz 255.255.255.240
No ip route-cache
No shut

The CLI screen notes that the vlan is up. As soon as I add another vlan (vlan y) vlan y will come up but vlan x will administratively go down.  This process is repeated each time I add a vlan so that only one vlan is up at any one time, which is the last vlan created.  Please note that I have vlan 1 shutdown and it is not used.

Question is how do I keep all my vlans up simultaneously?

Thanks in advance...