[c-nsp] VRF-lite to do L3 passthru

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Sun Jul 26 00:18:05 EDT 2009

It's just that simple. ;)

The problem comes if you want the routing table separation at multiple
hops in a network. It usually doesn't scale to do VRF lite on every hop
because it would be a configuration challenge.

But if it's just to differential the RIB on one box what you have will
do it.

Or depending on where you want to dump the vlan out at you may look at a
L2tpv3 xconnect (you have to get the hardware to support it though) and
carry it L2 all the way through the ip network. I'd say EoMPLS but you
need MPLS for that.

Rodney