[c-nsp] mapping CPU IDs to reality

Jeff Bacon bacon at walleyesoftware.com
Mon Jul 27 14:14:39 EDT 2009

Hi folks -

I don't have fancy Ciscoware, I'm just using RTG to poll my 6500s.

Snmpwalk reports 4 different CPUs, indexes 1001, 2017, 2001, 3001.

Box has:
Slot 1: Sup720-3B
Slot 2: sup720-3B
Slot 3: 6816A, DFC3B

I am *guessing* that index x001 is the switch processor, and x017 is the
route processor.
Strangely, the first digit doesn't line up with the slot/module # - CPU
1001 is clearly the DFC (continuous 80% CPU, all in "lcp scheduler" -
seems weird but that's life), CPU 2001's usage profile best matches the
primary SP, and 3001 matches the secondary.

My Google-fu is not up to snuff on this.

Is there _any_ logic to CPU identification on this platform?

Thanks,
-bacon