[c-nsp] mapping CPU IDs to reality

Brandon Ewing nicotine at warningg.com
Mon Jul 27 14:30:29 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 01:14:39PM -0500, Jeff Bacon wrote:

> I am *guessing* that index x001 is the switch processor, and x017 is the
> route processor.
> Strangely, the first digit doesn't line up with the slot/module # - CPU
> 1001 is clearly the DFC (continuous 80% CPU, all in "lcp scheduler" -
> seems weird but that's life), CPU 2001's usage profile best matches the
> primary SP, and 3001 matches the secondary.
>
> My Google-fu is not up to snuff on this.
>
> Is there _any_ logic to CPU identification on this platform?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094a94.shtml

ENTITY-MIB::entPhysicalTable will map a processor to an entity ID
CISCO-PROCESS-MIB::cpmCPUTotalPhysicalIndex maps the entity ID to a
processor index.
CISCO-PROCESS-MIB::cpmCPUTotalTable lists processor utilization by procesor

Brandon Ewing                                        (nicotine at warningg.com)