[c-nsp] 6500 ARPing behaviour

PW pwu828 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 20:52:37 EDT 2009

Thank you all,

I have checked the captured traffic (not just ARP traffic) on the host, but
nothing relevant except the ARP response...

I will proceed to check the cache flows the next time it happens, but last
time I checked there's nothing really stands out, but then I didn't have all
the interfaces cache flows turned on...

And yes, there are some hosts that have a default route to that SVI. Local
proxy-arp is off by default I believe and I have not change that...

The issue only happens once a day for the last few days at random time each
day. The configuration worked fine before, and there were no major changes
in the infrastructure configuration of the switch except for adding a few
vlans and IPs, so the issue might be originated from those networks...

Now just need to wait for the next iteration of the issue...

Thanks again!

Patrick