[c-nsp] 7206VXRG2 performance question

Luan Nguyen luan at netcraftsmen.net
Tue Jul 28 16:50:50 EDT 2009

NPEG2 and VAM+ could do 60Mbps VPN throughput.
NPEG2 and VSA could do 160Mbps VPN throughput.
These are with 500 bytes packet.
If you need more throughput, might want to go with the ASR1002.  Not that
much more expensive than the 7206VXR NPEG2/VSA combo.
Regarding design, you should go with DMVPN/EIGRP.  You could do direct
spoke-spoke communication as well.

Regards,

Luan Nguyen
Chesapeake NetCraftsmen, LLC.