[c-nsp] Re-pack IOS

Aleksandr Gurbo kron at linkey.ru
Wed Jul 29 05:19:16 EDT 2009

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 09:32:32 +0100
Peter Hicks <peter.hicks at poggs.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Aleksandr Gurbo wrote:
> > I know, but I know about ability to re-pack IOS on 26xx series( on russian - http://betep.wpl.ru/2009/02/cisco.html). I tried repeat steps for images on 28xx/38xx/76xx series but nothing happened.
> > My image is c7600s72033-adventerprisek9-mz.122-33.SRD2.bin
> >
> You might be asking the wrong question.  You might have wanted to ask
> "Can I load an IOS image over TFTP?", for example.  Or, "Can I expand
> the flash on my router?" - or better still, "This image is too big for
> my device, what options do I have?"
>
> Personally, I've found non-Cisco CF to be exceedingly cheap.
>

> Peter

Thank you, Peter, for you wide answer, but my question is previous.
I explain. I want unpack image and pack again image, but with better parametres of compression. So I can receive image with size less, then I have. After this manipulations I can upload new compressed image on my 128Mb compact flash.
On images for 26xx series it is possible re-pack IOS, you can try yourself. I don't know about re-pack operations on images for 28xx/38xx/76xx series, may be new degree of protection or new methods of compression are used.

--
Alexandr Gurbo