[c-nsp] ASA5500 logging / diagnostic question.

Scott Granados gsgranados at comcast.net
Wed Jul 29 14:55:21 EDT 2009

Hi, I have what's probably an obvious question but googling isn't returning
an obvious answer.

I'm installing a pair of new ASA5500 devices for the purposes of providing
VPN connectivity to users running the Cisco VPN Client and also two lan to
lan sessions.  When I try to connect from a client the client never goes to
the authentication stage and after about 10 seconds drops.  What are some
good logging options to have set for debugging connections (especially in a
first time installation) and could someone post a good syslog portion from
their ASA that will send appropriate data to a syslog server?  Right now I
seem to be gathering data on connections that are built or taken down but no
warning or error messages.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Scott