[c-nsp] VSS question...

Aaron Spitz akspitz at cascadehealthcare.org
Wed Jul 29 19:06:29 EDT 2009

It's a 20Gb starter if you use both 10G ports on each sup, which has
worked fine for us with relatively light use.  According to the sales
pitch, it is also trivial to bond up to eight ports from a 10G line card
to increase the backplane between chassis.  We installed VSS as a
datacenter core about a year ago and it has been totally peachy except
for some random crashes that were fixed in SXH4.  With a pair of 3750G's
top of rack, I say good riddance to STP!

Aaron Spitz
Network Analyst
Cascade Healthcare Community
akspitz at cascadehealthcare.org