[c-nsp] Balancing T1's with CEF

Security Team cisco at peakpeak.com
Wed Jul 29 23:23:33 EDT 2009

I rebooted a 7507 router that had a site connected with 3 T1's and now all
the traffic is nailing one line instead of being distributed over all 3
using the static routes/CEF.

I did look at the Cisco troubleshooting tips but didn't see anything
immensely helpful.  Here is a config snippet on the 7507 side (it's
obviously nothing
whizzy).

Has anyone seen this before?  I did an ip clear cache and also tried doing a
shut/no shut on each line individually on the 7507, but the traffic to the
customer's
28xx router always sacks one line.  It seems like in the past I did some
kind of clear on the 7507 and things got better, but I can't recall what
that may have been.

Thanks,
CJ

7507 (all PA adapters on the same VIP) config. One T1 comes in on a chan DS3
card breaking out individual T1¹s, and the other 2 T1¹s come in on a 4-port
PA adapter T1 card. I¹m not using dCEF since I have never had good luck with
it.

ip cef
!
interface Serial1/0/0/12:0