[c-nsp] Multilink PPP Was -> Re: Balancing T1's with CEF

Kevin Graham kgraham at industrial-marshmallow.com
Thu Jul 30 13:22:40 EDT 2009

> Cisco TAC swore up and down that it SHOULD balance between the 2

> types of WICs but more traffic was being sent over the WIC T1-DSU.
> Replacing the WIC 1-DSU with the controller did the trick.

Ran into a similar problem mixing the T1 VWIC's (when they were new)
and WIC-1DSU-T1's. One type of controller reported the bandwidth as
1536kbps, the other as 1544kpbs, and (as would be expected) they
weren't installed as ECMP paths. Workaround was to simply manually
adjust interface bandwidth statement. (Don't believe we ever raised
this to TAC to see if there was a bug to address the discrepancy).