[c-nsp] ISP in US

Daryl G. Jurbala daryl at introspect.net
Fri Jul 31 14:22:26 EDT 2009

On Jul 30, 2009, at 6:42 PM, Andy William wrote:

> Thx all and i will think about Gulfstream Daryl :)
>
> but i start to think about P2P connections like AT&T IPL
> (International Private Line) or ATM PVC between both sites , what do
> you think ? what is the estimated cost for 2M connection ?

That is also a very expensive way to go (if not just as expensive),
and a lot of it depends on where your office is in the Middle East (to
determine which carrier you will need to pay AT&T to buy their last
few miles of transit through).

I'm still not convinced that you need it - a 5 MB connection at each
end with a VPN between the two and some sane QoS at each edge device
ought to be more than enough.  I deliver thousands of simultaneous
calls from the Middle East through 3 GB connections to 3 different
ISPs at my colo in San Francisco.  No special agreements with anyone,
the other sides of the calls originating from internet connections
owned by our customers.  No real problems.

So before signing any contracts, I would simply give it a shot right
over the Internet.  You'll likely be pleased with the results.