[c-nsp] Any problems w/ 3750 IOS 12.2(46)SE?

Tom Lanyon tom at netspot.com.au
Tue Jun 2 03:15:25 EDT 2009

We are seeing consistent low TCP throughput over a dual gig
etherchannel between two stacks of 3x 3750G + 1x 3750E and
intermittent delays (ie. random slow ICMP ping times) on another 2x
3750G stack, all on 12.2(46)SE. All switches are doing L2/L3
forwarding and a small amount of EIGRP.

The stack with delayed ICMP has seemingly random high CPU load and
this seems to correlate with the delayed ICMP packets; example:
	5Min Processes: 27% CPU
	Interrupts: 0% CPU
	Sum of all processes: 1.88% CPU

The other stacks haven't shown signs of ICMP delayed packets but still
list high (40-100%) peaks of CPU utilisation. Can't see any
indications of TCAM exhaustion on any switch (all desktop default SDM
template).

Just thought I'd throw this to the list to see if anyone else has had
something similar?

Tom