[c-nsp] hung vty on SXH3a?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Jun 3 04:29:59 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-03 at 09:16 +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
> Cisco#who
>     Line       User       Host(s)              Idle       Location
>    1 vty 0                Virtual Exec         00:00:00
> *  2 vty 1     gert       idle                 00:00:00 mgmthost
>
>   Interface      User        Mode                     Idle     Peer Address
>
> Cisco#
>
> - "vty 0" looks weird.  I can't find a way to recover that vty, that is
> "clear line 1" or "clear line vty 0" don't change anything.  Nor is there
> a TCB assigned to it ("show tcp vty 1" shows my telnet connection, but
> "show tcb vty 0" doesn't display anything).

I've seen this on a 3560 when I tried running an exec command needing
user input via TFTP uploaded configuration. (Specifically I tried to do
a "do delete flash:/something" as a test.)

The session never recovered and only a hard reset (power off) could fix
it. The "reload" command didn't work. It was accepted, but nothing
happened. Needless to say, I just went on with my life and ignored
this. :-)

No strange commands were present in the "new_config.txt" copied over?

Regards,
Peter