[c-nsp] BGP Advertising - Question re more specific block

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Thu Jun 4 09:39:47 EDT 2009

Hi Steve..

That is correct - we will actually be taking any specifics and tagging them
with one community.  We will use that community only with certain upstream
and peering points.

Our overall problem is that we have one upstream that we are stuck with in
contract and are not remotely meeting our minimum traffic levels with them -
if we start prepending then we get too large of a traffic shift.  So I'm
hoping to take a few /22 and maybe a /20 and advertise it as a more specific
route to that upstream and also to our peering points (we don't want to push
any traffic away from peering points of course).

Thanks,

Paul