[c-nsp] 7500 performance (was: Re: IO 7200 GE Improve Performance and help with the CPU Load?)

Walter Keen walter.keen at RainierConnect.net
Fri Jun 5 17:35:01 EDT 2009

Speaking of CPU performance, does anyone have any feedback on the Cisco
7500 series, I'm considering using it instead of multiple 7204's to
aggregate/terminate atm (9 oc3, 1 ds3) and T1 (channelized ds3) traffic,
I'm looking at the RSP8, with vip4-80's and the appropriate PA's, and
planning on doing etherchannel on (2) pa-fe's back to our core (7613)
router.