[c-nsp] Opensource tool to measure Jitter for VoIP

Ray Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Mon Jun 8 07:02:52 EDT 2009

> Thanks guys, the customer is looking for a third party vendor for this
> test
> because we already used IP SLA and it looks good but the Media Gateways
> vendor has its own measurement tool inside and they mentioned that
> their
> values are bad (8 msec jittter).

Obtain nProbe from NTOP.  It can be used to collect jitter statistics,
amongst other things.  nProbe has a small, reasonable one time licensing
fee.  Use any version 9 netflow analyzer to look at the statistics.

http://www.oneunified.net/blog/OpenSource/Debian/Monitoring/ntop.article

--
Scanned for viruses and dangerous content at
http://www.oneunified.net and is believed to be clean.