[c-nsp] BGP Advertising - Question re more specific block

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Mon Jun 8 11:04:19 EDT 2009

Thank you....

We've messed already with a number of the options as you mentioned - this is
really a last resort from our viewpoint. ;)  The upstream (AS3320) does not
have good reach when going against our other upstreams/peering and we are
locked in a contract so trying to hit our minimum commit with them as best
as we can.

When we do some granular local-pref options it swings traffic around too
"dramatically" - using communities doesn't seem to resolve it neither (would
have thought it would actually)...

Appreciate it,

Paul