[c-nsp] x6148 vs. x6548

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Sat Jun 13 23:48:17 EDT 2009

Geoffrey,

A small correction. The x6548 is an 8G card, but it has 2 fabric connections, so the limit would be 16G.

As long as you do not use the other 7 ports out of each 8 port group, each port group can give you 1G, but take into consideration that the x6148 is a classic card, so it has no fabric connections, and uses the shared bus.

In general the x6148 is not supposed to be a "core" card. It's for connecting low end desktops etc.

Arie