[c-nsp] ME-4924-10GE & mgt port

Steve McNamara steve.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 05:53:40 EDT 2009

From
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me4924-10ge/hardware/installation/guide/HIGOVEW.html#wp1161221
 Management Port

The management port is used (in ROMMON mode only) to recover a switch
software image that has been corrupted or destroyed due to a network
catastrophe. This port is not active while the switch is operating normally.

You should designate one of the normalports on your switch as a management
port, used for configuration and monitoring traffic. D o not connect the
management port to this network, it is only intended to be used from a
direct console connection.

Regards

Steve