[c-nsp] NPE-G2 Management interface limitation

Robert Blayzor rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net
Wed Jun 17 13:12:49 EDT 2009

The NPE-G2 fact states:

Q. Are routing protocols supported on the 10/100BASE-T management
interface?
A. Yes, routing protocols are supported on the management interface.
However, the management interface is strictly for management purposes
only, with limited packet forwarding.

We use management interfaces now on some of the G2's, but need another
interface to trap some IP exported streams (10 - 20Mbps max).  I
cannot find anything that states what the "limited packet forwarding"
is.  Anyone have any more info or real world experience?

TIA

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC