[c-nsp] Shaping and dialer ints 12.4(24)T vs. 15T8

Church, Charles cchurc05 at harris.com
Fri Jun 19 21:22:15 EDT 2009

Can anyone confirm for me if some shaping and/or NBAR bugs were fixed
between 24T and older 15T7 or T8?  Platform is 870, interface is
Ethernet doing PPPoE to upstream DSL modem.  Under 15T, a policy applied
to the physical Ethernet int that looked like this:

class-map match-any Hi-Priority
 match protocol rtp
 match protocol sip
 match protocol ssh
!
policy-map Shape-Out
 class Hi-Priority
    priority 200
 class class-default
    shape average 2048000

Didn't seem to have any effect on locally-originated traffic (no matches
on SSH), nor did the shaping on class default seem to work.  End result
was traffic was sent without shaping, SSH wasn't prioritized, and remote
access to router sucked!  I figured it was just the way it worked,
figured you had to apply something to the dialer int.  But can't do GTS
on that int.  Figured I'd trying a later IOS, tried 24T, and it seems to
work fine.  Matching SSH, and the class default counters seem fine now.
Nothing appears to be needed on the dialer int after all.  Just
wondering if that's indeed the cause.

Thanks,

Chuck