[c-nsp] 7600 ES+ Advanced Licence

Dean Smith dean at eatworms.org.uk
Sun Jun 21 17:22:36 EDT 2009

Do I need to buy the advanced ES line card licence to support a couple of
manually configured VRFs on 7600 using ES+ cards ?

The only info on CCO I can find to explain the Advanced Licence is below and
doesn't really make it clear is its exclusively for MPLS. (In my case the
ES+ cards are primarily for HQoS on subrate gigabit WAN connections)

The Advance IP license entitles you to use the Cisco IOS Software Release
12.2SR on the Cisco 7600 ES Plus line cards with the following functions in
addition to the Basic license:

. 6VPE

. IPv6

. Layer 3 IP/MPLS VPN