[c-nsp] PA-POS-OC3 to Juniper, how to configure?

neal rauhauser nrauhauser at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 14:48:10 EDT 2009

  I have a Cisco 7507 with a PA-POS-OC3 in a VIP. This is attached to some
sonet transport that ends at some sort of Juniper router. I think the tech I
got is pretty new to the large boxes and we've spent some time wrestling
with turn up. I don't know Juniper but this is what I've been sent as the
config and I follow with one of the several things I've tried with our
Cisco. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what might be missing here?

show configuration interfaces so-2/0/0
clocking external;
encapsulation ppp;
sonet-options {
    fcs 16;
    payload-scrambler;
}
unit 0 {
    family inet {
        policer {
            input 30mb-Customer;
            output 30mb-Customer;
        }
        address 192.168.81.237/30;

interface POS4/1/0
 ip address 192.168.81.238 255.255.255.252
 encapsulation ppp
 ip route-cache flow
 clock source internal
 pos scramble-atm