[c-nsp] REP

Siva Valliappan svalliap at cisco.com
Fri Jun 26 16:38:36 EDT 2009

Hi Eric,

    REP and STP are incompatible with each other.  if you are running REP
on a set of links, you cannot run STP on them.  that said we have the
capability for a node that is running STP on a different set of links to
work with the REP running on other links via the REP edge node neighbor
feature.  REP is able to generate Spanning Tree Change Notifications to send
into the STP part of the network and propagate changes coming from the SPT
domain into the REP domain.

regards
.siva