[c-nsp] BGP Simulator - world feed

Jason Lewis jlewis at packetnexus.com
Sat Jun 27 23:25:10 EDT 2009

I talked to Dan Massey previously about BGPMon and he's confident it
would do something like this.  I haven't been able to get the code to
actually test it out, you may have better luck.
http://bgpmon.netsec.colostate.edu/

I've looked for a tool that would do similar work. I'd like to take a
BGP dump and put it on a test network for testing large *real world*
route tables in a environment I could reproduce.  I haven't had much
luck. Most tools are designed to pull out the route table, not many have
the ability to pull one in.  I ended up writing some huge route add
statements and peering with a box with a full table of static routes...
It's messy and more trouble than it was worth.

jas