[c-nsp] VPN 3000 to ASA5500 migration?

Scott Granados gsgranados at comcast.net
Sun Jun 28 11:54:13 EDT 2009

We presently use a VPN 3000 concentrator.  I'm not sure what Cisco was thinking but this device ranks up there with the worst user interfaces ever.  The CLI has the numbered menu thing and the web interface is just painful as most web interfaces are.  I did notice that the tool saves its config in XML.  Is there a good tool for migrating from the VPN3000 to ASA5500 that might read in that XML file and spit out properly formatted IOS commands?  If not can someone suggest a good strategy for migrating from one device to another.  For the most part I'd like to preserve the features and configurations as is so I don't have to modify a bunch of clients in the field.  I'd open to suggestions for good methods of doing this work by hand or a tool to assist in the migration.

Thank you
Scott