[c-nsp] MPLS/BGP - want to add backup IPSEC VPN

ChrisSerafin chris at chrisserafin.com
Tue Jun 30 15:11:42 EDT 2009

I have a few MPLS routers running BGP as the routing protocol.

I added a public IP'ed interface on a free ports on the same router, and
I'm able to get to it and use it for Internet bound traffic if I wish. I
would like to configure an IPSEC VPN to provide backup if the MPLS
provider fails. I'm having a hard time with Cisco TAC on this, mainly
them getting back to me.

dumb'ed down diagram is at: http://chrisserafin.com/design.jpg

I just want a basic split tunnel VPN in the event the primary MPLS/BGP
link goes down. I'm assuming let BGP take care of the MPLS side and add
static routes with a very high weight for the VPN failover?

All comments welcome...looking for help on this.

--chris