[c-nsp] using a /29 mask on a /30 point-to-point

Ryan West rwest at zyedge.com
Tue Jun 30 17:07:14 EDT 2009

If switching ISPs is not a choice, although I agree it is a good one, then I need a little more information.

Are you running PIX's that are pre 7.x or 6.3(5)?

I have not tried this before on the 6.3(5) line, but you might be able to leave off this line:

failover ip address outside x.x.x.x

If you're using 7.x +, you can leave off the standby command.  As long as you're monitoring and accessing the device from the inside of your network, you can get by with the single address on the outside.

-ryan