[c-nsp] mls qos vlan-based issues

Ian MacKinnon ian.mackinnon at lumison.net
Mon Mar 2 04:01:15 EST 2009

Hi Leslie,

I am seeing something similar, but I am not seeing policing in either
direction :-)

12.2(33)SXH

when I check with sh policy-map interface, I do not see the exceed
counters incrementing.

On 27/02/2009 20:14, Leslie Meade wrote:
> I have an issue that I cannot work out.
>
>   I had all my policing statements working, when I had my asa's plugged
> into an old 6509 via a fiber port that was trunked on both ends and the
> ports that the asa's were plugged into were normal switch ports.
>
> I have now plugged them directly into the new 6509 and now I am only
> getting policing on downloads only.
>

> policy-map 8_Mb_Internet
>
>    class class-default
>
>     police cir 8388500 bc 265625 be 265625 conform-action transmit
> exceed-action drop violate-action drop
>

> interface GigabitEthernet5/8
>
> switchport
>
>   switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
>
>   switchport mode trunk
>
>   no ip address
>
>   mls qos vlan-based
>

> interface Vlan16
>
>    ip address 10.1.16.2 255.255.255.0
>
>   ip access-group Productions in
>
>   ip helper-address 10.1.6.10
>
>   no ip redirects
>
>   no ip unreachables
>
>   ip flow ingress
>
>   ip route-cache flow
>
>   no ip mroute-cache
>
>   mls netflow sampling
>
>   standby 15 ip 10.1.16.1
>
>   standby 15 priority 250
>
>   standby 15 preempt
>
>   service-policy input 8_Mb_Internet
>
>   service-policy output 8_Mb_Internet
>

> Any ideas what could be causing the qos to police only downloads and not
> up loads ?

Ian MacKinnon
Lumison
t: 0845 1199 900
d: 0131 514 4055
P.S. Do you love Lumison?

p.s. Looking for remote access?
Chat to our team about our award winning broadband and VoIP solutions
for remote and home working, or visit www.lumison.net

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Any
offers or quotation of service are subject to formal specification.
Errors and omissions excepted.  Please note that any views or opinions
necessarily represent those of Lumison and nPlusOne.
presence of viruses.  Lumison and nPlusOne accept no liability for any