[c-nsp] No. of VRF supported

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon Mar 2 07:04:27 EST 2009

Amjad Ul Hasnain Qasmi <> wrote on Monday, March 02, 2009 11:04:

> I would like to know the max. number of VRF supported on Cisco 7206VXR
> (NPE-G2) and Cisco 10K.

"it depends".. Don't think there is a hard/fixed limit on the 7200, we
used to recommend not more than 1000 (NPE-G2 can push more, possibly),
but it depends on the control-plane features being used (i.e. routing
protocols) and also the number of routes/vrf..
I think the 10k PRE2/PRE3 supports 4k VRFs, but with the same caveat..

	oli