[c-nsp] UDP-helper problem

Michael Robson Michael.Robson at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Mar 4 08:00:59 EST 2009

I have recently moved the routing of a subnet from an old sup2/msfc2
6500 (Version 12.1(26)E8, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)) to a newer sup3/
msfc3 6500 (Version 12.2(18)SXF13, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)). On the old
router the udp-helper command worked fine, but on the new router I can
see the DHCP address coming in but not the reply coming back and the
DHCP server isn't seeing the request arriving. Can anyone suggest why
this might have stopped working (it isn't an ACL or firewall issue as
there aren't any in the way) and I haven't turned _off_ any component
of udp-helper (i.e. using the ip forward-protocol command).

interface Vlan937
  description XXXYYYZZZ
  ip address w.x.y.z 255.255.255.192
  ip helper-address a.b.c.d