[c-nsp] SSH from router to linux

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Wed Mar 4 09:14:27 EST 2009

My best guess is that your Linux box isn't correcting determining what
term type to use or some other core shell variable along those lines.
SSH in normally and issue echo $TERM to see what it is.  Add "env" to
one your shell's startup file (.bash_login for example if you use bash).
  Compare env output from the normal SSH connection to the one through
the router.  Try switching your default shell on the Linux box to
something else.  I use bash.

You'll probably get better responses on a list specific to your Linux
distribution's SSH daemon.  I think that's where the problem most likely is.

Justin