[c-nsp] Egress shaping/policing for bandwidth control on a 3750-ME

Frank Bulk - iName.com frnkblk at iname.com
Mon Mar 9 14:32:33 EDT 2009

I have two Cisco 3750-ME (Metro) where we are trying to apply an 8 Mbps
bandwidth limit to it.

We tried HQM shaping but got a lovely message that "Hierarchical
service-policies are only supported on ES interfaces".

When we tried policing, we can't seem to apply the "mls qos bridged" command
to it:
	router(config)#interface vlan 260
	router(config-if)#mls ?
	% Unrecognized command
	router(config-if)#mls

This is the relevant configuration to our policing attempt:
	ip access-list extended customer-policer_inbound
	 permit ip any any
	ip access-list extended customer-policer_outbound
	 permit ip any any

	class-map match-any customer-networks
	  match access-group name customer-policer_inbound
	  match access-group name customer-policer_outbound
	!

	policy-map customer-policer
	  class customer-networks
	   police 8000000 1000000 exceed-action drop
	!

	interface Vlan260
	 mls qos bridged
	 service-policy input customer-policer
	 service-policy output customer-policer
	!

	interface Gi1/0/1
	  mls qos vlan-based
	!

To get shaping work we should have had the uplink interface use non-ES ports
and the interface facing our core use the ES ports.

Any other ideas in terms or policing/shaping?

Regards,

Frank