[c-nsp] Buggy interface counters in12.2(33)SB2 ?

Matthew Topper topperm9 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 07:41:59 EDT 2009

We had the exact same problem here.  Specifically, while we were
polling ifInBroadcastPkts, the value appeared to be going down!

After some investigation, it turned out that the 32 bit counter was
wrapping so we tried the ifHCInBroadcastPkts counter.  Well, it wasn't
wrapping but it was going up by almost exactly 2^32 whenever it
went up at all.

Upgrading to SB3 fixed the issue for us.

-Matt