[c-nsp] Open Source solution to deploy a radius server against Cisco devices?

Howard Jones howie at thingy.com
Tue Mar 10 08:23:27 EDT 2009

Jon Lewis wrote:
> Another option is Cistron Radius http://www.radius.cistron.nl/ which
> is probably going to be pretty similar to Freeradius, since the latter
> is apparently a fork of the former.
>
> Radiator is perl, so you get the 'source code', but it's not open
> source and you do need to buy a license to use it.
The perl aspect also makes it pretty easy to add new functionality or
backends too (assuming you have some perl experience!) - we added some
stuff to restrict what IP addresses could appear in a Framed-IP-Address
entry in about an hour or so, for example.

The Radiator guys also have excellent support, the few times we've
needed to use it. Definitely would recommend it.

Howie