[c-nsp] L2TPv3 sizing?

Rens rens at autempspourmoi.be
Tue Mar 10 09:11:56 EDT 2009

Have a look at Cisco Routing Performance sheet.

This already gives you an indication of the speed with 64 byte packet sizes
without L2TPv3.

The second think you need to make sure is that the router does not fragment
any of the big packets. I have only been able to test this with 7206VXR
platform, not sure how well other routers handle fragmentation.

I have already seen speeds of 300Mbps+ with L2TPv3 tunnel with 2x 7206VXR
NPE-400 (with 1024-1522 frame sizes)

I guess if you want also that speed with 64 byte you will have to need
NPE-G1.