[c-nsp] 100FX duplex

Church, Charles cchurc05 at harris.com
Tue Mar 10 09:44:51 EDT 2009

Hey all,

                Sorry about the really basic question.  Can't find a
definitive answer anywhere else.  Does 100FX do auto-negotiation of
duplex?  If not, do they default to half or full?  We're seeing odd
things on our stuff, some are Cisco to Cisco links, some are Cisco to
various brands of media converters on into a 10/100 port.  Odd things
such as collisions on ports set to full, huge amounts of FCS errors at
places, etc.  The semi-dumb media converters have dip switches that
mention duplex, but the directions seem to indication that it affects
the copper side of it only.  Any good advice?

Thanks,

Chuck