[c-nsp] Sup720 crashing at RP boot - HW revision dependent ?

Terje Bless link at pobox.com
Wed Mar 11 09:26:34 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Marcus.Gerdon
<Marcus.Gerdon at versatel.de> wrote:
> When trying to boot those Sup in my 6509 the older one boots fine and
> everything is ok. The newer ones both start to boot and after switching
> to boot the RP it stalls (download doesn't even start, hangs after
> memory is displayed). After a minute or two a 'software forced crash'
> occurs and I'm thrown do SP rommon.

We saw symptoms like these in a 6509 with SupII's when we'd upgraded
the DRAM on the RP but forgotten to upgrade the DRAM on the SP
(D'oh!). The box booted the SP fine and then stalled at the point
where it would usually download the image, and then crashed. Once both
SP and RP had enough DRAM to run the IOS image the box suddenly booted
fine.

Not an identical scenario, but it might be worth checking.

-link