[c-nsp] Stopping VTP on a specific port

Skeeve Stevens skeeve at skeeve.org
Wed Mar 11 09:48:00 EDT 2009

Hey all,

I might have asked this ages ago... but you never know, might be worth
asking again.

We manage multiple networks which are all Ethernet connected to each other
in a Datacenter.

We don't manage some of the end networks though... and while on the middle
transiting networks I can set vtp transparent and put a password...

I would actually like to be using it.  But MetroE customers are becoming a
problem.

I can't stop two end networks using our middle network as a middleman for
VTP issues...

I would like to block any VTP traffic on a specific port.

If this doesn't make sense... let me know.

--
Skeeve Stevens, RHCE
skeeve at skeeve.org / www.skeeve.org

eintellego - skeeve at eintellego.net - www.eintellego.net
--
I'm a groove licked love child king of the verse
Si vis pacem, para bellum