[c-nsp] BGP Route Selection

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Wed Mar 11 10:38:12 EDT 2009

Andy Saykao wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just trying to get my head around why BGP prefers a certain route over
> others in my example below. I've read up on how BGP makes it's path
> selection decision but I can't follow why it hasn't chosen a route with
> a higher local preferences.

To rehash what Oliver said, you and the router ignore the
(received-only) routes when choosing a best path.  The (received-only)
shows you the routes received from (soft-reconfig-enabled) neighbors in
the exact form received, in other words before your inbound route-map is
applied to those routes.

pt