[c-nsp] 12.2(33)SXI vpnv6

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 16:40:27 EDT 2009

> Maybe vpnv6 should be activated on my IPv4 peering sessions, not IPv6
> sessions. Let me try that.
>
> Tim:>

That was it. I guess this is why Cisco docs say stuff like:

Restrictions for Implementing IPv6 VPN over MPLS
6VPE supports an MPLS IPv4-signaled core. An MPLS IPv6-signaled core
is not supported.

I'm not really trying to run 6VPE, just IPv6 VPNs, over a dual-stack
infrastructure. Somewhat counter-intuitive to *not* enable IPv6 peers
for VPNv6. Even more confusing that VPNv6 will exchange routes over
IPv6 sessions, but then not work due to the missing label path.

Guess this is due to the lack of IPv6 LDP. Hopefully this will get
fixed sooner rather than later.

Tim:>