[c-nsp] Recommendation? USB to serial adapter working without problems under linux

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Mar 17 06:42:03 EDT 2009

Hi,

> Any recommendation about a usb to serial adapter?
> We work with linux here in our laptops and some of the adapters we used
> in the past got stuck when they receive too much info very quickly (for
> example, messages from console) so I would like to know if you have some
> idea about any model or manufacter that works without problems.

well, i cannot guarantee perfection or that you might not face issues -
so therefore this isnt some form of binding contractual recommendation
but I havent had any problems with the keyspan single and quad port adapters
(eg USA-19HS)

though I did find a bug in the linux kernel in 2.6.x which after much
trawling and author emails turns out that the quad port device has some
identity issues - fixed with recent kernels.

alan