[c-nsp] capacity planning

Chris Knipe savage at savage.za.org
Wed Mar 18 09:40:50 EDT 2009

Hi,

Does anyone know of any (preferably free) tools that is any good in terms of
capacity planning for a enterprise?

We already have netflow in place and various other monitoring tools and there
is no doubt that we are running out of capacity (afaik, we already are), but
in the same breath we are also rapidly growing - now the question becomes how
much bandwidth, at what price, and why?

I'm sort of looking for something that I can make various models with, this
is the scenario with 100 employees, this is what happens when there's 200
employees, etc etc etc

Something as simlpe as a spreadsheet should be able to do this, but I haven't
been able to find anything up to now, so I thought I'd just ask and hopefully
not reinvent the wheel as they say....

Thanks allot, looking forward to any and all responces.

--
Chris.