[c-nsp] Changing SSH Port on IOS

Andy BIERLAIR andy.bierlair at root.lu
Sat Mar 21 13:33:39 EDT 2009

I'm running s72033-ipservicesk9-mz.122-18.SXF15a with SSH on Port 22.

Due too many bots hammering that well-known port, I wanted to change it to
something else, but somehow I can't:

Router(config)#ip ssh port
                   ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Router(config)#ip ssh ?
  authentication-retries  Specify number of authentication retries
  source-interface        Specify interface for source address in SSH
connections
  time-out                Specify SSH time-out interval
  version                 Specify protocol version supported

#sh ip ssh
SSH Enabled - version 1.99
Authentication timeout: 120 secs; Authentication retries: 3

Did I miss something are is it really not possible to change the SSH port to
something less obvious than 22?

-
Andy