[c-nsp] Exceeding the bandwidth points on a 7200

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Mar 23 18:07:45 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 01:55:19PM -0500, Justin Shore wrote:
> That G1 is truly bored, averaging below 10% utilization.  I know that
> IOS will bitch about it on boot but it will still continue to work won't
> it?  Any other side effects (other than TAC not liking it if they see it
> until I demonstrate with the graphs that it's not a problem)?

IOS will bitch, but unless this has changed recently, all interfaces will
"just work".  Of course you're on your own - if you complain to TAC about
"high CPU" and "packet losses", they are very likely to tell you "your
own fault".

OTOH, if the PA-A3s are *so* lightly loaded, I'd just go for it.

(I'm not sure I remember that right.  I think on the NPE-G1, the I/O
board is on a separate PCI bus, and could be replaced with a PA holder
card, which has its own set of bandwith points.  But maybe I misremember
part of this - you might want to check this in the docs).

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de