[c-nsp] Traffic analysis via Netflow/BGP export?

David Hughes david at hughes.com.au
Mon Mar 23 18:56:26 EDT 2009

On 24/03/2009, at 6:17 AM, Jeff Crowe wrote:

> I am looking for a tool/a collective of tools to help me better
> manage my
> traffic on my edge router.  I am thinking that looking at netflows
> and BGP
> paths would be the best but I am unsure of the tools to use to start
> collecting this information.

Have a look at the gear from Arbor.  Not cheap but it does exactly
what you've outlined (i.e. BGP peers with something on your network
and takes netflow exports).  Based on the flows and your routing table
it can tell you how much traffic you have heading to an AS you aren't
even directly connected to.  Nice graphs, lots of reports.  Very, very
sweet.

David