[c-nsp] Cisco ACE and ASN

bas kilobit at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 20:02:51 EDT 2009

Hello list,

Does anyone have any experience with high volume webcontent that is
loadbalanced through ASN?

>From the cisco website:
Asymmetric server normalization (ASN): Cisco ACE can load balance an
initial request from the client to a real server; however, the server
directly responds to the client, bypassing Cisco ACE.

I am curious how the ACE perfomance scales.
There are no fancy requirements, just weighted round robin and keepalive tests.

We are looking to host a website that generates ~80Gbps of outward traffic.
Incoming traffic is approx 5Gbps and 8.000.000 pps

regrettably I do not have any numbers concerning hits/sec etc.

Do you think a 8Gbps license on a ACE module will work for this setup?

Thanks in advance,

Bas