[c-nsp] Question about CBWFQ and PING times

Andy Saykao andy.saykao at staff.netspace.net.au
Tue Mar 24 22:17:09 EDT 2009

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I forgot to include the router platforms
we are using for this.

[GROUP1] --> [ POP1] <--> [POP2] --> [HOSTED SERVICES + INTERNET]

POP1 = Cisco 7204VXR (NPE-G1) GigE Interface running 12.2(31)SB13

POP2 = Cisco 7606 with 4-subslot SPA Interface (7600-SIP-400) running
12.2(33)SRB3

1/ "If you have a 200mbps connection going out from GigabitEthernet-link
your prioritising won't take effect, since buffers will never saturate."
So if we were to prioritize something like Voice, we would need to
implement some Heirarchical QoS solution on the Cisco 7606???

2/ I understand your arguments exactly about not prioritizing ICMP
traffic, but I was told to look into this. I guess based on 1/ above,
some form of Heirarchical QoS solution is needed for this also.

Cheers.

Andy