[c-nsp] BGP - Multihoming

Arda Balkanay ardabalkanay at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 08:21:46 EDT 2009

I also aggree with Stig,
If you want to use ISP-2 as a backup of ISP-1 and because of local-pref or
similar config of ISP-2 you see inbound traffic; you can announce more
specific routes towards ISP-1 to break local-pref.
You have a /16. just advertise two /17s and a /16(just for backup) to ISP-1
and advertise the /16 to ISP-2.
ISP-2 would choose /17s and send traffic across ISP-1.
Kind Regards
Arda